Thursday, July 24, 2008

home

I’ve been frequently taking the hour-drive from Irvine to San Diego to be with family for a number of reasons. Though I often grumble about the traffic and the price of gas, there is no other reason that would keep me coming back home...

My kuya escaped the heat wave of New York to chill in lovely SoCal!
It felt so good to have my family complete even for just a day.



Then yesterday, I took the opportunity to spend some quality time with my not-so-young-anymore cousin, jazzmine [youtube her!]. After a quick trip to the mall, we made a spontaneous trip to our old elementary school, adobe bluffs. Talk about feeling nostalgic. I felt like a giant, the red paint was faded, the new equipment felt foreign to me.







Nonetheless, we let loose.
In a lifestyle full of grown-up responsibilities,
it was refreshing to feel like a kid again.

After about an hour wandering the campus like little girls, reminiscing about our carefree past, we headed home. Then the usual routine- I checked on my grandma and laid beside her, rubbing her back in hopes that it would alleviate some pain. Then God spoke to me to call jazzmine in. “Hey Jazz, Mama liked it when I read the Bible to her. Can you read something for her please?” Without hesitation, she retrieved her post-it-filled Bible, took a seat against the side of the bed and began reading a passage of her choice…Romans 8…perfect. Mama struggled to verbalize her thoughts while jazz dictated the scriptures, but her fragile nods and smiles said it all. I was truly blessed to witness this maturing cousin/granddaughter and our delicate grandmother brought together through the Word. It's moments like these where you cannot doubt God's presence.

No comments: