Wednesday, June 4, 2008

out of your control

We’ve all had it happen to us..when you don't get what you want..or what you claim you deserve. We put 300% into something and only receive maybe 3% in return. Regardless if that applies to school, a relationship, a friendship, a dance team, or whatever…trust me, I know it’s a little painful when your efforts do not match the results. And while I can’t control how you feel about the loss of what you thought you could easily have, I know that it will be okay. I can almost guarantee that there has never been a time where someone said, “Man, I wish I didn’t learn from that experience. I wish I didn’t become stronger from that loss. I wish I didn’t have that time to grow”. And I’m sure you may feel that no one understands what you’re going through, no one could possibly fathom the magnitude of the pain/regret/anger/disappointment that you feel, which is probably true. But, no one should feel that, not even you. As a super-advocate of everything happens for a reason, this situation that you’re now forced to endure will result in something good. Maybe it’ll force you to mature, maybe it’ll direct your focus on what really matters, maybe it will allow you to dedicate your time and effort in a different area of your life. You need to understand that change is constant and with change comes conflict…but with conflict comes amazing growth.

Another issue I’ve been confronted with lately is timing. And as much as I’d love to, I can’t control time or the sequence that events occur. I can somewhat manage how I spend my hours of the day, but it’s the outside forces that really determine whether that time spent was worthwhile. And the significance/impact of time spent with people definitely outweighs the amount of minutes invested in that interaction. To return to the idea of everything happens for a reason, you obviously can’t expect the unexpected. And as much of a control freak as I am, I understand that you may freak out when things don’t happen the exact way you anticipated. You just need to acknowledge that things happen that are out of your hands and really at His. What’s evolving now could destroy what was previously happening. Or when you thought you had a firm grasp of your life, it could do a 180 with some unforeseen life-changing event. What you had longed for your entire life could be shattered or replaced by some interesting moment that changes your perspective or the path you thought you were supposed to be on.

Regardless, again I encourage you to please have faith kid, it’ll all work out.


3 comments:

Julian Leong said...

wow this is some nice writing. well put merody!

Nazer Lagrimas Jr said...

I love this movie

but in all seriousness I know it's tough writing a post, or in general saying something like this. you don't wanna come off as "that guy/girl" that's always complaining about something, or holding up some sort of torch saying "you have no idea what I've been through so hear me out," so I admire you for taking the time and having the ambition to really speak your mind. too often does a blog fall into the "what did I do last weekend" trend, but keep up the posts and live it up forreal.

...RAWfiki said...

i love these last two posts! real talk.