Sunday, June 29, 2008

I fell in love with his voice in a coffee shop, way back in high school. I’d listen intently, infatuated by his passion and natural talent. Oh man…his voice, his smile, his style, just the positivity radiating from him. After that, casual encounters at random parties and hangouts. I definitely wasn’t as close to him as others, but in those various interactions with him, I knew he was something special.

There’s so much to say that I wish I could have said to him. Everything I did want to say I put into a prayer and directed it towards him. Ray IS such an inspiration from music, art, traveling, just being himself! He didn’t judge and always had something positive to say.

I feel as if this is a selfish blog because I’m explaining how Ray has influenced ME. Don’t get me wrong…. Ray IS an inspiration to many and people will probably notice within a week with myspace bulletins or pictures or shot outs…etc. I’m not alone in saying that Ray has placed a huge stamp of motivation in my life. In my opinion he was the most selfless person I actually KNEW in real life. – cine’s blog

I had seen a bunch of myspace bulletins about ray in the morning, but nothing really hit me to connect the dots that it was this same talented guy they were referring to. I don’t know how I felt when I got the text from cine. With so many personal downs for me lately…I couldn’t help but re-direct my own heartbreak to the family and friends of ray who had celebrated his birthday the night before. I immediately prayed for his loved ones, his oside extended family, and for anyone who was touched in any way by this young man. And through all this, all I could really do was search for appropriate comfort through the Word…

Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted. [Matthew 5:4]

I understand how it takes moments and trials like these for someone to re-analyze their life. The truth is…every day, every moment, every struggle, every blessing and every hardship should provoke praise in God. If you don’t exactly understand how even the hardships could lead to thanks, I am more than happy to talk about it.

Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us. [Romans 5:1-5]


When you feel helpless, pray.

When you need comfort, pray.

If you’re like me during times like these,
when you don’t know what to feel, pray.


Rest in peace Raymund Orias.

2 comments:

francine said...

(: loveees you

artemio said...

yo, sorry to hear about your friend. just want to let you know what you wrote helped me a lot. thank you.