Thursday, June 26, 2008

it is well.

"I don't know why you're doubting my ability to understand you. I don't know why you're so embarrassed...you're normal".


Soooo..since my last post, I’ve had somewhat of a blogger’s block. I’ve been trying to be inspired by some event, conversation, witty topic, etc. But the truth is…in just the last several weeks, my life has made some incredible detours that has prevented me from cranking out even a couple paragraphs. I suppose one could even consider my last month to be “eventful” or “life-changing”. I like to think that the recent happenings were a bunch of unexpectedly unexpected twists. And while I don’t mean to utilize this blog as a venue for bragging or venting, let’s just say I cruised on an extreme high of happiness of how things finally worked out only to immediately drop to an ultimate low. I’ve felt euphoric, nostalgic, conflicted, helpless…or actually just a mix of emotions to the point where I didn’t even know how to feel anything at all…numb. Now, I don’t intend to beg for sympathy or “aww, mel, it’s okay, everything will be fine”. This post may not be super entertaining as my first several posts, but hey, there's a little proof that maybe now it's a whole different author. So with that, read on if you’re still interested.


I’m sure you’ve all been there with questions like “why me?!” or conclusions like “no one could possibly understand how I feel right now”. But then what happens after this “ultimate low” when you feel like all the curveballs in the world are thrown at you and you just keep getting kicked when you’re already down? Just as you’re about to completely break down…someone comes into your life to open your eyes, some major event instantly changes your perspective, something picks you up, dusts you off and send you out stronger and better than ever. And then what? You bring up new questions like, “why was I even tripping about that?!” or conclusions like “man, that was silly of me to even worry”. Then you make this serious personal pact to never doubt that a situation will turn out just fine. You're better, you're alive and more prepared for future hardships after that struggle. And that’s that.

--------------

I actually typed out a whole ‘nother page on this topic with the intention to post it and maybe make some dramatic point to potentially alter some minds…but I think it could be better summed up with a quote I stumbled upon in someone’s profile…

"Some Christians are sadly prone to look on the dark side of everything, and to dwell more upon what they have gone through than upon what God has done for them. It is true that we endure trials, but it is just as true that we are delivered out of them. The deeper our troubles, the louder our thanks to God, who has led us through them all and preserved us until today. Our griefs cannot spoil the melody of our praise; we consider them to be the 'bass line' of our life's song, 'The LORD has done great things for us; we are glad.'" –truthforlife


If God brought you to it, He can surely get you through it.
Matthew 6:25-34. Romans 5:1-5. Romans 8:28. WORD.

No comments: