Monday, October 26, 2009

lost.

The LORD is close to the brokenhearted
and saves those who are crushed in spirit.
[Psalm 34:18]

=========

lately, my heart's been set on the lost. for those searching for identity, for those trying to find meaning, for those trying to find a purpose in life, for those trying to attain happiness. the things people try to fill those voids with just set them deeper into isolation and doubt. i know... i've been there. there are a lot of people on my prayer list and i pray that--in His time-- they will see the joy and peace they can have in a life centered on faith, grounded on the Creator of all things, provider of all things, sovereign over all things.

God gives you this very life to enjoy, all He asks for is your life in return. some may argue that submitting in that way leads you into a life of restriction, limited by a set of strict rules. but it is not that at all. i'd say it's a pretty fair trade. by devoting your life to a good & faithful God, you receive the free gift of eternal life, free from the shame and guilt of sin because of a sacrifice made on the Cross. you gain this hope that despite of all that shady business you were involved in before, you are made completely new, wiped completely clean. i can't get over that fact, so simple but so ridiculously amazing! it's seriously so incredible and mind-blowing how an almighty God who created the most ginormous things on earth could care for a single person, forgiving you for things that may even be difficult to forgive yourself for. because of this, you'll want to abide by His commandments, you'll want to give your praise and show your gratitude to this wonderful God for taking you in... no matter what you've done before, no matter how broken you are, or how unworthy you feel. truth is, none of us deserve what He offers, but praise God for his grace and mercy that He gives out of His abundant love.
praise God for everything.


Who am I?
That the Lord of all the earth,
Would care to know my name,
Would care to feel my hurt.
Who am I?
That the bright and morning star,
Would choose to light the way,
For my ever wandering heart.

Not because of who I am,
But because of what you've done.
Not because of what I've done,
But because of who you are.

I am a flower quickly fading,
Here today and gone tomorrow,
A wave tossed in the ocean,
A vapor in the wind.
Still you hear me when I'm calling,
Lord, you catch me when I'm falling,
And you've told me who I am.
I am yours.
I am yours.

-Who Am I by Casting Crowns



No comments: