Monday, October 12, 2009

flusteration.

And let us not grow weary of doing good,
for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
So then, as we have opportunity, let us do good to everyone
and especially to those who are of the household of faith.
[Galatians 6:9-10]


dear Lord, revive me
from these busy days and this exhausting weekend. i am so tired and i know i need to rest in You, but sometimes my pride prevents me from completely surrendering my life to You. i have not been right with You in the last couple of days, i have not been honest with the real burdens of my heart. i allowed the overpowering sins of doubt, anxiety & fear to seep through. forgive me and please purify my heart. hear the cries of my heart that even i ignore. You know my thoughts even before i think them. the Christian life is not easy, but remind me that You alone give us a reason to fight for that unexplainable joy and maintain that peace of mind. only You can satisfy. i praise You for being compassionate and forgiving to horrible people like me. use me and mold me to become like Jesus, selfless, sacrificial and altogether loving. Lord, You are sovereign and have an incredible authority over all things. Lord, i pray that i completely trust in that amazing power over my own life. teach me humility. Your timing is so perfect, work in their hearts. Lord, i pray that i not forget that Christ died for my sins and with that also my burdens and my problems and my troubles. and because of this, i have so much hope beyond this life. dear Lord, let my thoughts, my actions, my attitude and my life reflect the wonderful promises that are given to us by God through our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.


For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us
an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison,
as we look not to the things that are seen
but to the things that are unseen.
For the things that are seen are transient,
but the things that are unseen are eternal.
[2 Corinthians 4:17-18]

2 comments:

Gen said...

praying for you girlie. oh about Thursday, Caleb is the only one that will go so I can take care of the girls.

jHust said...

"the Christian life is not easy, but remind me that You alone give us a reason to fight for that unexplainable joy and maintain that peace of mind. " ...Amen sista... Amen

hope you're doing well ;-)