Monday, June 22, 2009

homezees.

i went home for a couple of days.
& this is what i encountered:

a picture-perfect view as soon as i arrived.
an anxious little puppy.
and hardcore Lakers fans, ready to celebrate the championship!
=========

my main purpose for my return was to pack/unpack/re-pack my stuff... for moving out of my apartment/moving back home/moving into the dorms. i dug through boxes of souvenirs and "knick-knacks" from experiences from way back in elementary school to recent years. it was pretty tough to let some things go and somewhat of a relief to throw out other things.

upon venting about how bummed i was to be selling my beloved childhood house, jurr suggested that i should start thinking "heaven-minded". i was reminded me of how things are just things. he reminded me that some people don't even get to live in a house, let alone a nice house for 15+ years. i realized how much i took that house for granted while i lived there. and now that it's about to be sold, i realized the excessive value i placed on a house, a replaceable place.

=========

Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. [Matthew 6:19-21]

=========

regardless of how precious i consider our material belongings, they do not hold nearly as much value as my family, my friends, my faith and the wonders we'll encounter in Heaven.

thank you God for always providing for us and
for placing people in our lives who point us to You.


No comments: