Tuesday, December 23, 2008

BREAK!

After quite a demanding first week of “break”, I am beginning to understand why I had to endure so much stress. I think God wanted me to constantly be the usual productive busy bee so I could appreciate such a rewarding, joyful, lovely, fun-filled, blessed weekend among friends and family. Although I cannot even begin to comprehend His intentions, I can acknowledge His presence through every hectic and happy moment of the week. He provided me with just enough time and energy to complete what I needed to. And now that I managed to handle most of my business, the rest of my workload can now come at smaller increments. Throughout the week, I constantly prayed for a content heart and clear mind. And viola! He has graciously granted just that (for the time being at least, but I’ll gladly accept whatever I can get). I guess in order to catch a glimpse of that splendid rainbow, you need to face the storm. And here’s some tidbits of the past several days:

THURSDAY
yogurtland, playtime with this cutie & target shopping with ate geneyem

FRIDAY
spontaneous playtime with jurr in the middle of nowhere.
then cupcake decorating...gone overboard.



SATURDAY
Farols' annual Christmas party
white elephant style.
All these splendid events have left me exhausted, so that's it for now. Next up...MELEN breakfast date, the true spirit of CHRISTmas, vegas trip with 198 & co., 2008 reflection.

2 comments:

s d v said...

that picture of you and julian riding the whoknowswhat in the playground is SUCH a good photo! i miss your face, mel, and hope you have a most satisfying and blessed break :D

Julian Leong said...

i'm so behind on your blog. thankfully, i'm still up to date on your life...but i'm so behind on your blog. haha.