Tuesday, August 12, 2008

one of those weekends

"what?! another life-changing weekend? man, you need to stop having those, you’re gonna start becoming this whole different person"


Gumball 3000 party @ Ivy
Hotel
with the girls.

I always love getting all did-up to go out on the town with the loves of my life. Our mission this weekend was an event that cine’s work was promoting. We ended up at some bougie hotel downtown, mingling with celebrities like carlton banks and tyson beckford, lounging in the VIP areas and dancing onstage to remixes of hip-hop and house music. I’m even getting more comfortable with the non-drinking side of going out because luckily my supportive friends are also getting used to my new lifestyle. Trust me, it IS possible to have sober nights of good clean fun. Thanks ladies, it was definitely exciting to feel pretty and high class for the night.





Yogurtworld with the BFF's.

Jackie was the first to arrive. We sat and discussed our life updates over some strategically planned yogurt. While I tried to maintain my $4 spending limit, Jackie went a tad overboard. We small-talked through the usuals…school, the sad lack of moola, drama, family, friends. Francine soon joined us and we dove right into more random blurbs of conversations, which included topics such as relationships, unexpected celebrity sightings and…tooth enamel. After stories and giggles, our conversation took a more serious note. And while I don’t care much for disclosing the details of this part, I will say that I love these girls. I know we don’t get to talk much while I’m busily going thru life in Irvine and they’re both pursuing their respective ambitions, but in the end, I have no doubt that they will be right there when I need them…and I hope they know that’s mutual. As mentioned in an earlier post, they allow me to willingly maintain connections with home regardless of my attempts to detach myself. In some ways, I even appreciate the distance because our catch-up conversations reveal our individual growth in different areas. I also realize that despite the lack of consistent communication, these girls will support me and welcome me with open arms. Man, 10+ years of friendship with these two. It seems like only yesterday we were rolling around in the grass playing “Dogs”…or rollerblading/scootering down to the park…or doing pencil drops on the bars…or having secret society club meetings…or waiting in long lines for haystack and salisbury steak for lunch…or singing “no scrubs” at the 6th grade dance… or taking star shots pictures…or hanging out in front of the mm theaters…or I don’t know what else. The fact is…we’re rapidly growing up, approaching that infamous "real world" and I’m beyond blessed to have the same group of friendsies through it all. I thank God for all of you.


UPCOMING POSTS:

* C-day, LA play day, un ano aniversario

No comments: