Friday, August 15, 2008

C-Day!

After watching the spop 9 talent show and unpacking my life from the weekend at home, I laid down for a moment of relaxation, only to receive a surprising phone call.

Jurian: Hey, where are you?

Merody: In my apartment...

Jur: Okay perfect, walk over to trader joe’s…the milk aisle.

Mer: What? Right now? um…okay?

A little confused, but still I ask no questions and head over to trader joe’s, which begins my reversed kidnapping adventure. To my surprise, friends from cfbc begin to pop up around the store. Apparently they had all been hanging out, having a Chalk-and-Car wash party and as a group decided to take a field trip to Irvine to drop off julian at work…and perhaps satisfy some sweet tooth cravings during the wait. I am then given the responsibility of tour guide for the evening... and the next thing I know is we're off to newport for some Sprinkles.



Appropriately dubbed C-DAY we enjoyed sprinkles Cupcakes, the Coast, imaginary Catch
phrase, Campus Car lot hide-and-seek, trader joe's Cups with Cheap milk, driving down Culver,
Chinese food with Chopsticks, Cut-up moChilato, Cotton Candy Clouds, good Conversation, all in which were Christ-Centered [for 100 points to helen!]. I was really blessed I was able to share in the spontaneous fun with new friends. Hopefully there will be many more outings to come...

[photo credits to helen and her snazzy camera functions..thanks for teaching me too!]



I really am blessed that I’ve been welcomed into a church family so easily… regardless of the obvious explanation involving an essential member. I feel that this fun-loving group contains genuine people who are eager to grow in their faith as I have been aiming to do as well. I’m also realizing that despite predictable awkward remarks, I’m beginning to feel more comfortable with every encounter with this group…I can be my overly-competitive self and have them openly counter my childish ways. Sweet.


This undoubtedly confirms that God perfectly plans out the events that occur in life. I am a firm believer that God has a plan for me. He initiated a friendship between me and Julian at the right moment. He then allowed Julian to introduce me to the cfbc group who would be available for support through this spiritual transformation at the exact moment where I was seeking Him. He has blessed me with people who I can learn from and worship/praise/serve/grow with. It is important to surround yourself with people who share the same intentions and primary focus. Their passion and dedication to the faith is really admirable and motivates me to continue on this path that I’ve unknowingly strayed away from in the past several years.

what a wonderful way to end C-DAY.
with these beautiful cotton candy clouds.
Praise God.


next posts: LA play day, un anno aniversario, meet the parents

1 comment:

helen said...

MELODY!!! yayayyay for c-day! t'was so much fun and thanks for jazzing up the outing to the maximum! t'was such a blessing hanging out with you and we look forward to more fellowship fun! we shall miss you and jurian saturday but can you come to the beach next thursday? it is the youth beach trip!