Monday, July 20, 2009

apprehended.


But one thing I do:
forgetting what lies behind
and straining forward to what lies ahead
,
I press on toward the goal for the prize
of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

[Philippians 3:13-14]
=========

we had the privilege of having Pastor Rector Cadayday (from Doane Baptist Seminary in the Philippines) present the message this sunday entitled "PRESS ON". it was a great reminder that our walk with God doesn't come to a halt once we are saved through Jesus Christ. although i know this life is only temporary and the glory is to be revealed in heaven, i think it's easy to forget that there's still work to be done here and now (Matthew 28:16-20). pastor cadayday mentioned that we should not only think of heaven, but also about God's purpose for our lives now.

=========
Many are the plans in the mind of a man,
but it is the purpose of the LORD that will stand.
[Proverbs 19:21]
=========

my heart races with excitement when i hear about mission work and people going out to proclaim the gospel in different areas. encouraging stories of missions to other countries, testimonies of others who found Christ after hitting rock bottom, even high schoolers being so bold to share the gospel with their peers. but what am i doing? am i doing my part? am i doing what God has commanded me to do as someone called for His purpose? i get so anxious that im not doing enough. i tend to compare myself with others, which i know i shouldn't do (Galatians 6:4) because we were all given unique talents and gifts that God will definitely use however He sees fit. i know God's still growing me and i am learning to let go and let God direct my path. i pray that He will grow me just enough to be used according to His will. ive got a long list of goals and i want to do so much in life, but i need to be patient and allow Him to pave the way for me.

=========
"you can be any profession,
but God first made you a Christian"
-Pastor Rector Cadayday
=========

sunday's message reminded me that my life goal should be to honor and glorify God through my thoughts, words and actions (Colossians 3:17). pastor cadayday explained that we get so caught up trying to figure out what God's will for our life is, but if we simply obey His Word, we are already on our way to participating in His plans for us. but i need to do my part to progress on this journey, i need to be an active participant in my walk. i need to spend more time with God, diving into the Word, intently thinking about Him, praying more, waking up & giving each day to Him. i have to constantly remember that...

if im not living each day for God,
then what/who am i living for?

No comments: