Tuesday, March 17, 2009

coincidences do not exist.


After a mini-reunion with some ladies for francine's going-away shindiggle, I acquired a massive craving for some froyo. We joined miss ocampo at our yogurtworld destination and satisfied the craving with some funsies on the side. We did the usual catch-up, which means they basically just filled me in on some rather surprising things.





From good times like these, I'm learning how increasingly difficult it can be to be away from family & friends, away from home. Nonetheless, I am content with my occasional trips down the 5 freewizzle to have my usual rendezvous with friends...
it makes it all the more special.

When our chit-chat was winding down, some randoms walked in... aka sgmb peoples including james and vinh (who we haven't really hung out with in years!) and some new faces too. We all caught up, the usual "so whatcha up to now" deal and after we over-extended our stay at the world of yogurt, we began to head out.


Before leaving, something provoked me to stop and squeeze in a brief dialog with Vinh. I let him know that upon some idle web-browsing a while ago, I had seen his posts about being Christian. I told him how encouraging they were and how I was interested in talking to him more about it, but considering the madness in that crowded place, the conversation was cut short. Despite the conciseness of our conversation, it was such a blessing!
================

Later that night, we were able to somewhat continue our talk:

Snipits from my message:

whoa. what a coincidence. when i said i saw your myspace posts about being christian earlier today, i was talking about ones from a couple months back. i didn't even see this one!

…but anyway, it was just really encouraging to see someone so brave about their faith especially in a generation where no one wants to be called out about their sinful nature…



…i hope we can talk more about this. im always down for some Christ-centered conversations... i find those to be harder and harder to find these days. it was nice seeing you after a million years. take it easy buddy.


-mel

====================

Snipits from his response message:


…His grace, mercy, and compassion for us is so great and incomprehensible, I am indebted to my Creator with my life. Our flesh is crucified on the cross, and our new life is born through his resurrection. Of course I'm not perfect, but "he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus" Phil. 1:6


I don't think any of this was a coincidence, the post this morning, running into you after so many years, your testimony, God has definitely blessed this time…


In a lot of ways, YOU have encouraged me, and I am praying for you sister.


Grace and peace to you from our Savior,

Vinh


let me know when you wanna talk/hang!



====================

God places you in situations for a reason.

There is a reason for EVERY encounter.


Silly me to think this particular reunion was simply a coincidence. :)

No comments: