Friday, March 13, 2009

the blanks

remember in elementary school where you would complete those silly madlibs of nonsense, trying to insert the most random words to create the most bizarre passage possible just for a momentary kick? then you and your friends would enjoy giggles over the ridiculous gibberish you just produced.

man...childhood. childish games.

and now, reaching adulthood...kinda. no more games, adult-ish ambitions.



How's this for a more age-appropriate madlib...



College has been so ___________ and I'm glad I ____________.
I will graduate from _________ in the year ________. Then, I will get my _____________ at _________ University within the next _______ years, then I can finally start my career as a _______________ like I've always _________________. In my free time, I hope to _____________ because I've always wanted to _____________. Then, of course, by the time I'm _______, I will marry a ________________ man and have ______ kids and live in a _____________ house in ___________. I've heard post-college life is ______________, but I can't wait. Life will be so _____________!



yikes. kicks and giggles have now become some form of anxiety and uncertainty. im getting to that shaky point between college and "real world" where i need to fill in these blanks with significant things and not fool around with things without purpose, without meaning. i have all these life goals, plans, aspirations, desires, wants, hopes and dreams and and and...


Commit your work to the Lord
and your plans will be established.
[Proverbs 4:15]



...and i'm excited to see where He will direct me, how He will shape my life around these self-centered ambitions because i know the only thing
that will actually
guarantee meaning
in my life
is
Him.


1 comment:

SuJ said...

wow, i do remember those