Monday, February 9, 2009

unintended birth-week celebrations [Final Part]

i was pretty bummed that i couldn't go home for the weekend to celebrate my birthday with family and home friends. but thank God home came to me in the irvs
for some sweet surprises...
Thursday night. The bfriend and I reunited with my sisters and their sig figs for a dinner (somewhat) Italian-style. As always, it was good times with this bunch of silly kids. That was probably the last time where just the six of us would be together as six unmarried individuals. I thank God for blessing me with these sisters and for blessing my sisters with loving guys who really do complement them. I'm excited for them to officially join the family. The little sister approves! Fingers crossed they feel the same way about my choice.
From the looks of it so far, he seems like a good fit. :)

After dinner, I returned to 198 with plans to visit my beloved gym to work off my week-long cake intake then maybe sleep early. When I opened the door, to my wonderful surprise...

francine, steph and jenny were jumping up & down, equipped with snazzy balloons and yet another cake for me to indulge in.
I was extremely ecstatic by the super surprising sight! the moment reminded me of the night I returned from Italy when these same girls (+ jackie and sabrina) were jumping up & down on my driveway for an awesome homecoming surprise. Apparently, the girls had been sending secret texts to the bfriend while we were at dinner. Sneaky sneaky. A quick trip to yogurtland and a visit to the yacht. Good times, great friends.
====================
thanks again to everyone who participated in celebrating another year of life. i really don't deserve any of this or any of you. this week has further reaffirmed that God is good in providing me with an overflow of blessings for my birthday and every day. these events were way different than my 21st birthday. im really glad that was a different time of my life. so, as many old jokes i get about being..old.. im enjoying the 22 year old life. im at a good place, i am content and i can't help but acknowledge Him for that.
Love love love you all!

1 comment:

stephisrandom said...

i love you! it was worth the drive up to see the reaction on your face! love you and YOU DESERVE all the great things coming your way!