Friday, February 6, 2009

unintended birth-week celebrations [Part 2]

Sunday: I forgot to mention a splendid event from Sunday! Before Sunday school, I had the pleasure of having the company of miss helen for a sweet breakfast at a sweet cafe. We were easily excited by the cute decor and snazzy tea action [so, of course, lots of pictures were taken]. We gave our usual updates on life and such. It's really encouraging to be able to share blessings and trials with such a genuine friend. I can see the work God is doing in this lovely lady and I'm so blessed to know (and grow with) her. More MELEN dates to come for sure.

[see previous post] After church, Julian and I head to San Diego to visit Mama in the hospital. Then we squeezed in a dinner double date with my parents. I praise God for my grandma and my parentals for being resilient, strong-willed people who raised me and my siblings to understand the importance of family.





Tuesday:
Before dinner, we had a quick little SPohana reunion, reuniting at the Starbucks where we all first met each other. I can’t believe it’s almost been an entire year since our first awkward encounter. And most of them have applied for returner so I’m excited to meet some grandkids soon! My kiddos are so awesome, they even surprised me with my first ever birthday croissant-cake! My, how they've grown...






For dinner, some mcia kids had all-you-can-eat sushi at our beloved You & I sushi joint [thanks Thomas, what an awesome birthday gift!] After a battle with food coma, I somehow manage to make a quick visit to the gym. At midnight, I hear cacho at my door, “I guess I’ll go to sleep now since there’s nothing special happening at midnight!” I walk out and see this lovely sight.

I couldn't help but run to get my camera (of course). I can't imagine living somewhere else. These crazy kids are so great. 198 is home to me. My 3 adorable roomies equipped with a turtle ice cream cake! After a rather awkwardly sensual birthday serenade from cacho, I blow out the candles and we indulge in the frozen goodness.

Wednesday: Thank you everyone for the texts, messages and wall posts!! Each one meant a lot to me…like forealzies. After a full day of work…work out…then work again, 198 & Co. brought our appetites to Stonefire Grill. We stuffed ourselves with a scrumptious combination of tri-tip, salad, pizza, breadsticks and mashed potatoes (and even saved some room for some cheesecake!)...all for ten bucks, which I ain't complaining about. I'm really blessed to have met these amazing friends to share countless college memories with. Geez, I don't even know how it got to be our fourth year already.

198.

girl roommate & cuesta neighbors.

skelly
(who i would later find out was a sneaky accomplice to future events)
buzz
(yet another partner-in-crime to the madness that was about to occur)
and the b-friend
(who left dinner early to "go to mavyn practice"...
but in reality, had other secret plans in mind)
With a full stomach and content heart, I headed over to practice in a super good mood...and the crazy series of events that happened after that will need its own post. :)


As always, I thank God for these events, for providing the financial ability to fund the fun, for bringing us to these places safely, for working through all of us, for allowing us to enjoy each other's company...and for letting me see His good grace through these great friendships. Being 22 ain't too shabby.

No comments: