Tuesday, September 21, 2010

God is good.

I find myself wandering into temptation, finding comfort and contentment in foolish things. It’s such a struggle when we know what we should do, but our fleshy desires direct us elsewhere. Why splash in the mud for a little while when God offers you the most wonderful riches for all eternity?

Indeed, if we consider the unblushing promises of reward and the staggering nature of the rewards promised in the Gospels, it would seem that Our Lord finds our desires, not too strong, but too weak. We are half-hearted creatures, fooling about with drink and sex and ambition when infinite joy is offered us, like an ignorant child who wants to go on making mud pies in a slum because he cannot imagine what is meant by the offer of a holiday at the sea. We are far too easily pleased. - C.S. Lewis

Dear God, I know that what You offer is beyond comprehension. Even the most satisfying things in life cannot compare to what You have in store for those who believe and trust in You. I also know that I am weak against temptation, so I pray that I would cling to You as my Rock because we know that my mind and heart can be rather unstable. I know that you know what is best for me. Increase my faith to live by that truth, a real doer of your word. Lord, enlarge my heart and open my eyes to acknowledge opportunities and fill me with the boldness to be a witness for You. And please soften hearts, break down walls, reveal Yourself to those who really need You for healing, comfort, direction and true love that they cannot receive from anyone else. We need You.

God is everything I need and I pray that He transforms my heart to genuinely make Jesus my greatest treasure. Because of him, my life would not make sense. He is the way, the truth and the life. He is the Creator of all things, the sustainer of life, the giver of all necessities, the strength in trials, the teacher of true knowledge, the leader in times of uncertainty, the source of abundant joy, the only one who can love perfectly.

God is so good. How can I not rejoice?

I am praying for you.

No comments: