Friday, June 25, 2010

let go.

O LORD, you have searched me and known me!
You know when I sit down and when I rise up;
you discern my thoughts from afar.
You search out my path and my lying down
and are acquainted with all my ways.
Even before a word is on my tongue,
behold, O LORD, you know it altogether.
You hem me in, behind and before,
and lay your hand upon me.
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me;
it is high; I cannot attain it. -
Psalm 139:1-6


God knows my heart. He knows my thoughts before I notice they’re forming in my head. He knows my true desires even if I won’t admit them. God knows what I want and what I need. God delights when I delight in Him. He also hurts when something else steals away that attention. He wants me to know Him because He knows what’s best for me. God knows when I am hurting and He knows just what will heal that pain. He understands healing and He understands pain because He has felt every bit of that suffering. He weeps with me. He gives me strength. God chases me through my stubbornness and neglect. He is patient when I am not. He never leaves me, even when I feel like I’m helpless and all alone. He has a plan for me. God wants me to live a fulfilling life. He offers a greater joy than I have ever experienced elsewhere. God rejoices in my praises, He listens to my prayers, He hears the deepest cries of my heart.

God loves me… but more than that, God loves YOU.

No comments: