Monday, August 24, 2009

just one of them days.

"do you think you're distracted?"


in the span of a day, i lost focus.
my priorities got all twisted. my eyes were not on the prize. instead, i was transfixed on my own desires. inside, i was kicking & screaming because i was disappointed in others. (little did i know that later i would be even more disappointed in myself for putting too much emphasis on me). i tried to take matters into my own hands and thought that i could be the solution to all problems. my body was exhausted, my mind was tired, my heart was heavy.

once again, i was hit with the recurring reality that i cannot do this on my own. i always need God and with so many changes going on, i need Him more than ever. and i have faith that He is actively working out the kinks in my life. i need to constantly remind myself of the rewards He graciously offers us, the gift of eternal life to those who believe. i need to remember that Jesus is real and so is his death AND resurrection, the same death and resurrection that saved me. He wants the best for me, He wants me to turn away from sin, to place my focus on a life centered on Christ. if he gave up his life for me, an undeserving sinner, then i should be able to devote my life to Him, a pure, forgiving, holy, loving, faithful, righteous, perfect God.

=========
Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. What you have learned and received and heard and seen in me—practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.
[Philippians 4:8-9]

=========

i praise God for the people in my life who hold me accountable for my actions and rebuke my wrongdoing. i pray that God cleanses my heart from the lingering sin and selfish desires that prevent me from seeing the full scope of how wonderful and powerful He is. i am thankful that God is forgiving and patient despite my flaws. He drew me back to Him a year ago and on that rough day, He pulled me even closer. regardless of the twists and turns i face, i don't want to lose grasp of the abundant joy i have in Christ. God is so good, friends.

=========

a timely email from the little sister:


Isaiah 40:31
But those who wait on the LORD shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.

Psalms 118:8-9
"[it is] better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man. [it is] better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in princes."

Proverbs 3:5-6
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight."

i love you and am praying for you. remember to rely on God no matter what because true happiness is found in Him and the good news of the gospel! i know it's hard, but God is definitely working in every situation and ALWAYS teaching us something. because nothing happens on accident. and God is definitely growing you. just continue to trust in Him and be patient even when patience seems to be in short supply.
love ya m-lo. :)

=========



So take me as you find me,
All my fears and failures,
Fill my life again.

I give my life to follow,
Everything I believe in,
Now I surrender.

- Mighty To Save (by Hillsong)

No comments: