Tuesday, April 21, 2009

only You

And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding,
will guard your hearts and mind in Christ Jesus.

[Philippians 4:7]


Yes, please guard my fragile heart and ease my mind, protect it from the overload of pessimism and what if's...because all i really know is that i really don't know anything. i thank You for those friends you've placed in my life that re-focus me, who actually take time to listen and, most importantly, encourage me to grow closer to You. i do thank You for my family as i continue to pray for them. i pray for wisdom and courage to be a light to them. i thank You for giving us hope through your Son, a hope that we absolutely do not deserve. please teach me how to also sacrifice, how to be patient during trials, show me how to fully forgive, teach me how to love like You. remind me that only You can change hearts and only You direct our lives. and only YOU can provide ultimate comfort and ultimate peace.

i know i cannot do anything without You.

1 comment:

Gen said...

Remember Phil 4:8 -
Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.

that usually helps me with the what ifs, and the unknown...