Friday, January 2, 2009

beginning.

I had a long-overdue reunion with miss michelle juanengo for lunch at tgif’s. We discussed the usuals, catching up on school, work, family, relationships and everything in between. I heard her exciting plans for the upcoming year as she’s about to graduate and become even more involved in her church. I felt so comfortable to talk about my spiritual growth. We cheerfully shared stories and tidbits of testimony, huge smiles during our time together as we stuffed our bellies.

After we devoured our buffalo chicken sandwiches and fries, (then after I clumsily dropped the box of leftovers all over the floor), we decided that this dialogue was nowhere close to being done. Our craving for something sweet led us to Borders for some coffee and conversation. We plopped down in a cozy corner of the children’s section as we sipped on chai latte and peppermint mocha goodness. She reinforced my never-ending trust in God and directed me to the hope that I thought I lost. She also reminded me of the power of prayer, which was probably the most valuable point of our little end-of-the-year chat. I could see that God is working on her in so many ways and I’m so grateful that he brought us together now more than ever.

==============

The final 2008 night-time festivities included me on one couch, my brother on the other and nala on her comfy bed, watching various new years eve TV specials (miley cyrus scored her own show?! seriously?!). 2009 rolled in with a relaxed start. happy new year! woot.

==============

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.
You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart"
(Jeremiah 29:11-13)

==============

I feel like ginormous things are going to happen this year. I can’t wait!

No comments: