Friday, January 4, 2008

fresh.

Soooo... Its 2008, definitely a new year, not so much to say it’s a new me. Im not exactly sure where this post is gonna go. I just know im the only one awake at 198 and this is where my idle internet-lingering has led me. Since the first and last posting, plenty has happened like um…Christmas!! Despite the depressing aftermath of bankruptcy following gift-buying…I loooooove the holiday season. As always, i spent Christmas with family and friends, surrounded in good vibes, good food and lots of love to go around.

Our annual Farol xmas party was in Oxnard and this year’s theme was DISNEY! Woot woot! So my fam took it back old school and the Cruzies became NEWSIES!! As always, it was lots of fun with my crazy family, awesome gifts, and even more awesome costumes. Christmas morning was spent with the usual tradition of waking up early and exchanging gifts. I love how despite the chaos going on in my life, being surrounded by family is an immediate picker-upper.


I’m also glad that my brother can make it out to celebrate the holidays every year. Im really proud of him for being independent, moving out to freaking New York and establishing a teaching career. He often expresses the challenges of teaching defiant 4th grade students but also the rewards of making it work. It makes me look forward to my own future as a teacher. My sisters are working towards their goals too. Ate mae’s moving towards another degree at the Art Institute and Meechy’s working full-time before heading towards nursing school. As the youngest child, I suppose it’s normal to admire and look up to your older siblings… but oh maaaaaan, I respect each of them for so many reasons. I’m really proud of all of them.

--------------------------------------------------

So 2008, huh? I somewhat know the jist of what I’m getting myself into and what I really hope follows through. Winter quarter- my return to real school, 16 units [2 psych, 2 education classes]. It’s weird how when I come back, there’s this huge new student center and new buildings. I feel like im a freshman overwhelmed by a completely new campus, but no doubt im excited to walk through ring road and see friends…and finally have my mind stimulated in my classes, hopefully Ill learn a lot more than I did during my semester abroad. I brought back my old guitar [who I temporarily named Dory cuz it’s a pretty blue], dusted it off and swore to ignore the bad memories that I associate with it. So far, brento’s teaching me the basics, which is beyond helpful. I plan to follow thru with it this time. Hopefully ill be dancing on mcia again, but we’ll see how that goes after a private audition. Ive also picked up a sweet tutoring job. Its in-house tutoring with elementary to high school students in any subject, a lot less stressful than being in a classroom with rebellious high school kids at Cypress. Hopefully ill be able to begin to pay my parentals back for the mucho expenses they’ve covered in life. But otherwise, looks like it’s going to be a pretty easy quarter [fingers crossed], laid back and chill, which Im really trying to make the theme of my fresh new lifestyle…and so far, im loving it.

I just realized I don’t like the direction this post is going. Im kinda just writing to write, considering me and the roomies made epic plans to take over the world today…and right now, I see little signs of embarking on that journey. All right, there seems to be a slight detection of movement. I’ll blog later when I have more to ramble on about.

No comments: