Wednesday, January 27, 2010

supplication.

Nevertheless, I am continually with you,
You hold my right hand.
You guide me with your counsel
and afterward you will receive me to your glory.

Whom have I in heaven but you?
And there is nothing on earth
that I desire beside you.

My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart
and my portion forever.

[Psalm 73:23-26]
=======

humble me, Lord. really break my heart for what breaks yours. continue to show me that You are sufficient above all things. i want to seek your guidance over anyone else's. grow me to desire You, to delight IN you alone, not just the gifts, but the Giver. yes, i struggle with the conflicting desires of my prideful flesh and my selfish heart, but i pray that i will learn to trust You completely. i stumble more than i want to admit, but i pray that my faith is grounded in good soil to produce good fruit, so i may please You. re-focus me to serve with humility, patience, truth and love. purify my thoughts and actions to fully re-center them on You, the one who deserves all the praise and glory for any good thing in this world. thank you for being so patient with me.

No comments: